Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Heathrow

I used to avoid Heathrow like the plague - unless I was connecting to a domestic flight in Britain itself, or unless I was terminating in London. I still have nightmares of huge, disorganized throngs trying to press their way to connecting international flights through the connecting international flights gate at Heathrow.

But Terminal 5 has seemingly changed all that. I've connected to international flights (both with British Air and other airlines) like six or more times this year, and the connections have all gone really well. The only point at which things get a bit clogged up is going through security again before moving into the boarding area. But even then it hasn't taken more than fifteen or twenty minutes - and sometimes a lot less. Of course, things now move a bit quicker since I again have sapphire status with the One World airline alliance, which allows me to use the "fasttrack" lanes at Heathrow.) And moving to Terminals 5b and 5c from 5a is increabily quick and easy.

So Heathrow is definitaely back on my "good" list.

2 Comments:

Blogger jmw said...

I'm jealous. Someday I hope I can see England.

November 23, 2011 5:07 PM  
Blogger Wayne Larson said...

Wow, that's a lot of traveling.

November 27, 2011 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home