Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Election Stuff -- I told you so, last year

Far be it from me to boast (by which I mean I'm going to boast), but a whole year ago I wrote about the surprising weakness in the size of President Obama's presidential victory here. And I even mentioned Virginia. To quote:

"The Democratic nominee won just 52% of the popular vote (the first Democrat to receive over 50% of the popular vote since 1976) with an incredibly charismatic candidate who massively outspent his GOP rival, in the face of an incredibly unpopular GOP president, an unpopular war (supported enthusiastically by his GOP rival), a financial meltdown weeks before the election, and with a stagnating economy.

. . .

"[W]ith all of these strong advantages, Obama still only won 52% of the popular vote. If it takes all of these things for a Democratic candidate to turn Virginia and Ohio blue, then woe to the Democrats, because it most likely ain't going to happen again."

1 Comments:

Blogger jmw said...

I think NJ must be particularly troubling to him. If it can tip, then so can Ohio, PA etc. But it might be a very different story when he is on the top of the ticket again.

November 04, 2009 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home