Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Favorite Farrah Fawcett Movie

My list of favorite Farrah Fawcett movies is not very long. In fact, I think there's only one. Nonetheless, I did enjoy her acting in The Apostle (starring Robert Duvall in the title role). The movie is hard to characterize. It's really funny in parts, and it's also pretty dark in parts. It's also touching in parts.

As long as I'm talking movies, I had a chance to watch John Hancock, starring Will Smith. I did not expect much, but the film surprised me, and I really enjoyed it. It's now at the top of my "superhero" list of favorites (which, like favorite Farrah Fawcett movies, is not a particularly long list).

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

I love that movie. In Duvall's commentary track he talks about Farrah, how good she was. In one early scene with her, his character is storming around and at one moment she instinctively jumps slightly, as if anticipating physical violence. Duvall wondered aloud in the commentary if some of Farrah's tough experience with men had given her what was just perfect for that scene.

June 29, 2009 8:43 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I think either you or Wayne put me onto The Apostle some years back. I watched it through a couple of times then, and have been thinking that I'd like to watch it again.

June 29, 2009 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home